As satiric comedy, Mrs Wilson’s Diary rates, I suppose, an approximate beta-plus
Make monkeys? Richard Ingrams and John Wells, co-authors from Private Eye, are not even as mean as that. Their ‘affectionate lampoon’, as they call it, lacks edge, bite and serious critical impetus.
- Bob Grant as George Brown
- Myvanwy Jean as Mrs Wilson and Sandra Caron as Audrey Callaghan
Locations in Harold's Library
- Plays and Players: November 1967 (periodical)
Topics covered by this review
- Mrs Wilson’s Diary (drama)
- US (drama) • referred to in review of following year's political satire of Harold Wilson, "the RSC has given us US, of course, and we have had Peter Brook on television, crouched and brooding and painfully mouthing convoluted moral platitudes about other people's 'imperialism'".
Array ( [_edit_last] => Array (  => 1 ) [_edit_lock] => Array (  => 1553872436:1 ) [subject] => Array (  => "14527" ) [inlibrary] => Array (  => "14525" ) )